PARADISE

PARADISE

Saturday, August 13, 2011

WHAT DO YOU DO FOR FUN?

I heard someone close to me say, "I asked my husband what he does for fun."  You see, her husband seems to work all the time.  If it isn't his job, it is yard work or some kind of financial organizational plan or research.  Sounds like work, work, work to me!  Later I started to think about the lady who asked this question of her husband....what does she do for fun?  It seems to me that she is always keeping grand kids, taking food to someone, serving on a committee, visiting someone in need.....ok missy, what do you do for fun?

One online dictionary I looked at defines fun as a source of enjoyment, amusement or pleasure.  For some, what they do for enjoyment, amusement or pleasure is very obvious....softball, playing an instrument, making jewelry....but for others, we may have to look deeper.  Consider the definition above-a source of enjoyment-so fun really has to do with the person having the fun not the person watching the fun.  So, maybe, what I do for fun has more to do with me than anyone else....hummmmm.  Let's consider something else......

I Corinthians 10:31 says "Whether, therefore, ye eat, or drink, or whatever ye do, do all to the glory of God."  (Oh, yes, I did leave out that unfortunately some of us eat for fun.)  Colossians 3:23 says "And whatever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men."  WOW!  Doesn't that put a new face on FUN.  So can we play basketball for fun and give glory to God?  I think YES!  Can we have fun doing something nice for someone else and give glory to God? YES!

So, today I pray that you have FUN!  Do something that you enjoy, that amuses you, that brings you pleasure and give glory to God while you do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment